It’s been a long week. Monday brought torrential rains, Tuesday was an evening spent observing focus groups for a client, Wednesday was a drive to Largo to deliver a proposal, and today was a day of editing/proofreading for several technical documents – one of which was 90 pages! So tonight, to relieve my anxieties and indulge in a much-needed escape, I biked down Bayshore to Gandy and back – a 14 mile trip along the inky waterfront. And here I am. Putting my thoughts down on a white screen. Christina Aguilera is playing.
- Tampa is, and will always be, a nice place to live. We have a lot of great neighborhoods and access to water and recreation. One thing I would tell the Mayor to work on: leveraging the waterfront, giving people even easier access. See: St. Petersburg.
- The Mercedes E350 Convertible is a beautiful car. It’s lines are akin to those of a classic boat, and as it has aged over time (from the E to the CLK back to the E), it has become high-tech in the best possible ways (safety, lighting, comfort) without looking too modern (see: previous BMW 6-series iteration). Someday I’d love to drive one.
- No matter how hard someone or something in life throws you a curveball, you must stay focused. As my friend Jon says: “Do you! Nothing else matters.”
- Florrie is a relatively unknown artist that deserves some shed light. She’s in the pop-indie field…but has some great songs appropriate for pumping it UP at the gym and for relaxing. Experiments is her latest album and I like it a lot. Her older singles are good too (“Come back to mine” and “Give me your love”).
- Getting a good haircut is an amazing mood elevator. I’ve said it before…gonna say it again. I go to Evan Brewer at Tribeca ColorSalon in Ybor City (see link to your right) and he is quite the savant. I appreciate him for his spirited conversation and sometimes differing opinions…he also just happens to be surgically meticulous while cutting hair.