(I’m on the right) Christopher, Michael, and Alex English in Milan, December 2016
I am always looking for the next opportunity or step forward, for myself (Alex English) and for Remarqed (my blog and consultancy). If you are excited by the contents of this space, please get in touch with me.
I started writing as Attention to Detail in 2009, after I graduated from New College. I wanted an outlet for my own musings, because it was hard to find [detailed] first-hand reviews of local restaurants, coffee houses, stores, and events.
Nine years on, those musings tend to center around the exciting, special, and thoughtful experiences, services, and products that I love, both locally and in the style, fashion, and retail realm at large. I expose discerning readers to the great things I find in the world.
Between 2015 and 2016, I spent 15 months attending SDA Bocconi in Milan to obtain an MBA. I now reside in San Francisco.
I’ve learned through observation and experimentation that there is a certain cumulative magic to dressing in a confident personal style, patronizing quality services, spending money wisely and on unique items, and building a pleasant environment at home and in transit. “Life” is comprised of many elements – why not try to make them all pleasing to the mind, body, and soul?
I have a strong entrepreneurial streak. I’m introverted, but a skilled networker in intimate settings. I am interested in opportunities related to communications, strategy and development, and brand management.
Why you should hire me
I believe in a work-life balance, and in humility over cut-throat competition. My key strengths according to Gallup are empathy, connectedness, communication, arrangement (order), and input (knowledge desire).
- I’m a realist, and I base most of my decisions and opinions in as much factual information as possible. I try to keep things in perspective.
- I am also a dreamer (Pisces), and I believe in ‘yes’ more than ‘no.’ I love positivity, teamwork, professional trust, and integrity. And honest communication.
- I love to find solutions, and to help those around me find solutions to their challenges. Better yet, find problems and then find solutions!
- I love information, analysis, and resources, and connecting those pieces in a cohesive way.
- I seek the most efficient path for completing tasks, to continually improve my use of time, and to minimize needless tedium.
- I eschew convention in most situations, as far as is practical.
- As an ambivert, I enjoy new people, experiences, and pushing the envelope, but do so without drama or an innate desire for attention.
- I have a high emotional intelligence, which has served me well in understanding people, myself, and in learning to be a good (active) listener.
- I love learning new things – either through practice or comprehension. My field of interests is wide; I have a hard time focusing on a singular mission, or pastime, or hobby.
- I am often described as a generalist rather than a specialist.