(I’m on the right) Christopher, Michael, and Alex English in Milan, December 2016
I am always looking for the next opportunity or step forward, for myself and for Remarqed. If you are excited by the contents of this space, please get in touch with me.
I started writing as Attention to Detail in 2009, after I graduated from New College. I wanted an outlet for my own musings, because it was hard to find first-hand reviews of Tampa’s many restaurants, coffee houses, stores, and events, which I enjoy watching develop and grow in my hometown.
Eight years on, those musings tend to center around the exciting, special, and thoughtful experiences, services, and products that I love, both locally and in the style, fashion, and retail realm at large. I expose discerning readers to the great things I find in the world.
Between 2015 and 2016, I spent 15 months attending SDA Bocconi in Milan to obtain an MBA. I have since returned to Tampa to make an impact and be part of the change here.
I’ve learned through observation and experimentation that there is a certain cumulative magic to dressing in a confident personal style, patronizing quality services, spending money wisely and on unique items, and building a pleasant environment at home and in transit. “Life” is comprised of many elements – why not try to make them all pleasing to the mind, body, and soul?
I have a strong entrepreneurial streak. I’m introverted, but a skilled networker in intimate settings. I am interested in opportunities with related to retail, development, brand management, and communications.
Why you should hire me
I believe in a work-life balance, and in humility over cut-throat competition. My key strengths according to Gallup are empathy, connectedness, communication, arrangement (order), and input (knowledge desire).
- I’m a realist, and I base most of my decisions and opinions in as much factual information as possible. I try to keep things in perspective.
- I am also a dreamer (Pisces), and I believe in ‘yes’ more than ‘no.’ I love positivity, teamwork, professional trust, and integrity. And honest communication.
- I love to find solutions, and to help those around me find solutions to their challenges. Better yet, find problems and then find solutions!
- I love information, analysis, and resources, and connecting those pieces in a cohesive way.
- I seek the most efficient path for completing tasks, to continually improve my use of time, and to minimize needless tedium.
- I eschew convention in most situations, as far as is practical.
- As an ambivert, I enjoy new people, experiences, and pushing the envelope, but do so without drama or an innate desire for attention.
- I have a high emotional intelligence, which has served me well in understanding people, myself, and in learning to be a good (active) listener.
- I love learning new things – either through practice or comprehension. My field of interests is wide; I have a hard time focusing on a singular mission, or pastime, or hobby.
- I am often accused of being a generalist rather than a specialist.